Gulledge PTA Welcomes You!
PTA's mission is to make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families to advocate for all children.
7/16/2020 8:16 am
We sincerely hope all of our Gator families are enjoying their summer together. Although we don't have all the answers yet, we want you to know that no matter if your kids are at home or at school, you have a place to belong. Please stay tuned for changing information and review these summer updates:
- PISD Learning Environments - All students will be starting the school year in the remote setting from August 12 to September 8. On September 9 students will transition into their selected learning environment: Face to Face or PISD School@Home. The initial selection period for choosing PISD School@ Home ended on July 16. Families now have another opportunity to opt in to the PISD School@Home learning environment if a selection was not made by the original deadline. The extended window for selection is July 24-August 6. Students will be scheduled in the selected instructional environment, which will go into effect on September 9. The instructional environment that families previously selected or newly selected will be valid through the end of the first 9-week period.
- PISD Return to School Planning Guide - https://www.pisd.edu/2021planning Check the guide often for updates.
- Start of 2020-2021 PTA Year -- Come back to our website beginning August 1st to update your family information to continue receiving PTA news and purchase your PTA memberships for the 2020-2021 school year. Two free PTA memberships were included with your School Supply Bundle, but we would love for every member of your family to be part of our PTA.
- School Supplies - We are working on a plan to distribute your pre-purchased School Supply Bundles to our families. We will send out communications as soon as those plans are finalized.
- School Supply Lists - For those who did NOT purchase a School Supply Bundle, please find the Teacher Approved School Supply List for your grade level below. Your student will need these items before the first day of school.
No matter how you PTA, we are better together. Please feel free to reach out to us with any questions you may have at email@example.com. Stay strong, Gators!Read More
THANK YOU VOLUNTEERS!
5/7/2020 11:30 pm
Board Position Descriptions can be found by clicking this link.
TEACHER APPRECIATION WEEK
5/1/2020 10:17 am
MAY 4TH - 8TH
It's Teacher Appreciation Week and we would like to show our teachers and staff some love for keeping our students and families afloat! Below are some ways you can show them how much we appreciate all they do, especially during the challenging times these last nine weeks of school.
Make It Great Monday, 5/4
Send your teacher an encouraging note and thank them for all they have done for you this year. You can also post your sentiments on our Facebook page with the hashtag #gatorthanks.
Chalk the Walk Tuesday, 5/5
Create a chalk drawing thanking our teachers and staff. Upload a picture of the drawing to our Facebook page with the hashtag #gatorthanks and/or email it to your teacher.
Warm Hug Wednesday, 5/6
Since you can’t see your teachers in person, send them a warm hug by posting a photo of yourself on our Facebook page with the hashtag #gatorthanks and/or sending it via email to your teacher.
#TBT Throwback Thursday, 5/7
Upload your favorite picture with your teacher to our Facebook page using the hashtag #gatorthanks and/or email it to your teacher.
Fun with Words Friday, 5/8
Write a poem of any sort (rhyming, acrostic, etc.) or do a word cloud (with words that describe him/her) for your teacher. Upload it to our Facebook page using the hashtag #gatorthanks and/or email it to your teacher.
Questions? Contact Krisinda at firstname.lastname@example.orgRead More
Book Fair 2020
3/6/2020 8:49 pm
Thank you to all of our Gulledge Families for your support of our Scholastic Book Fair!!
Because of your generosity, we raised over $2,300 in the Coin Challenge and we were able to pick books directly from our fair to replenish not only the Gulledge Library, but also replenish all Grade-Level, Special Eduction, ESL, PACE, Speech, Art, Music, and even the School Nurse’s libraries as well. Gulledge Teachers and staff sincerely appreciate these books!
Also because of your generosity, we rounded up purchases at the fair to donate almost $300 worth of books to Thomas Elementary School Library. We love that our Gator Families have big hearts and want to share with our community!
Our students purchased over 2,300 books this week and we couldn’t be more excited to see all those happy, smiling faces picking out their books.
Many thanks to our Bookfair Chair Katherine Campbell and all of our wonderful Book Fair volunteers who worked tirelessly to make this a fun experience for Gulledge students.
Gulledge PTA loves our Gulledge Families! Happy Spring Break!!
Need help with our website? Contact our webmaster at email@example.com