The best way to make a difference in your child’s education is to be involved.
The PTA needs family members to volunteer in many areas. Please take a few minutes to look over the list below for the many volunteer opportunities at Gulledge. Whether you can contribute an hour a week or an hour a year, it makes no difference. We are happy to have you be a part of the Gulledge family and look forward to working with you.
Please bring a government issued ID for building access.
There are 2 main steps needed in order to volunteer:
- Step 1 All Plano ISD Volunteers are required to complete an ANNUAL online application (i.e. Background Check) for the safety of our children. The Online Application / Background Check is here. Be sure to turn off your popup blocker. Even if you do not plan on volunteering at this time, we encourage you to complete the Volunteer Application/ Background Check now. Because background checks expire June 30th every year, a new application must be submitted on or after July 1st for the upcoming school year.
- Step 2 Indicate your areas of interest by clicking Gulledge Volunteer interest form. (Descriptions are provided on the form for your review.) All time spent volunteering is greatly appreciated! There are options to fit everyone's schedule and you may choose as many or as few areas as you like. Volunteering is a great way to stay involved in your child's education! See below for a list of positions and descriptions.
Gator Dads has 2 primary goals.
1) To provide positive male role models for the students, to demonstrate by their presence, that education is important.
2) To provide an extra sets of eyes and ears to promote a healthy social environment for all our Gators.
- Fathers get a glimpse of their students’ everyday world and learn about the increasingly complex challenges and decisions today’s youth are facing. As a result, they can learn to relate better to their student and hopefully connect with them.
- Fathers gain a greater awareness of the positive impact they can have on their student’s life in three critical areas including: academic performance, self-esteem, social behavior.
Gator Dad Duties:
- Gator Dads are fathers, grandfathers, uncles, and other father-figures who volunteer for at least one day each year at Gulledge Elementary.
- During the day, Gator Dads may read and work on flash cards with students, play at recess, eat lunch with students, watch the school entrances and hallways, assist with traffic flow and any other assigned activities where they actively engage with not only their own students, but other students as well.